In the framework of the European projects B-hub and Blockstart, Medicen Paris Region and Systematic Paris Region are hosting a webinar on how blockchain introduced the use of smart contracts.
Smart contracts are simply programmes stored on a blockchain that run when predetermined conditions are met. They are typically used to automate the execution of an agreement so that all participants can be certain of the outcome immediately, without any intermediary’s involvement or time loss. They can also automate a workflow, triggering the next action when conditions are met.
Benefits of smart contracts include:
- Speed, efficiency, and accuracy
- Trust and transparency
- Saving time and money
Numerous use cases exist in diverse sectors such as healthcare, finance, agrofood and logistics.
Learn about the benefits of smart contracts in a variety of sectors and get to know the European Initiatives pioneering blockchain in the region. B-hub for Europe is supported by Startup Europe and dedicated to fostering blockchain adoption in industry and the public sector through startup go-to-market support; and Blockstart is an Interreg North-West Europe project driving the region’s competitiveness by bringing together SMEs to raise awareness on blockchain applications in logistics, agrofood, supply chain and health.
Date: 6th of October 2021, 11-12 AM CET
- 11:00 – 11:10 Webinar introduction and presentation of the Blockstart project – Daniela Onofri, Medicen Paris Region
- 11:10 – 11:15 Presentation of the B-hub project – Romain Turminel, Systematic Paris Region
- 11:15 – 11:30 Introduction to smart contracts – Jérôme Deroulez, Lawyer at the Paris and Brussels Bars, CEO, Cabinet Deroulez
- 11:30 – 11:40 Pitch start-up 1 – Philippe Ogier, Co-founder & president, Droon
- 11:40 – 11:50 Pitch start-up 2 – Loÿs de La Soudière, CEO, GoodsID
- 11:50 – 12:00 Q&R
Join us for this free event on October 6th!